By Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki
A spouse to Foucault contains a suite of essays from verified and rising students that signify the main large therapy of French thinker Michel Foucault’s works at present available.
- Comprises a finished number of authors and subject matters, with either proven and rising students represented
- Includes chapters that survey Foucault’s significant works and others that technique his paintings from a variety of thematic angles
- Engages commonly with Foucault's lately released lecture classes from the Collège de France
- Contains the 1st translation of the broad ‘Chronology’ of Foucault’s existence and works written by means of Foucault’s life-partner Daniel Defert
- Includes a bibliography of Foucault’s shorter works in English, cross-referenced to the normal French version Dits et Ecrits
Read or Download A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best philosophy criticism books
This publication is among the most vital contemporary books on Hegel, a thinker who has had a very important effect at the form of continental philosophy. released the following in English for the 1st time, it features a massive preface by way of Jacques Derrida within which he explores the topics and conclusions of Malabou's publication.
For English-speaking readers, this ebook serves as an creation to a big French highbrow whose paintings, particularly at the problems with antisemitism and anti-Zionism, runs counter to the hostility proven towards Jews by way of a few representatives of up to date serious thought. It offers for the 1st time in English 5 essays via Éric Marty, formerly released in France, with a brand new preface via the writer addressed to his American readers.
An in-depth research of the rising French thinker Quentin MeillassouxIn this increased version of his landmark 2011 paintings on Meillassoux, Graham Harman covers new fabrics no longer to be had to the Anglophone reader on the time of the 1st version. besides Meillassoux's startling booklet on Mallarmé's poem "Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hasard," Harman discusses numerous new English articles through Meillassoux, together with his arguable April 2012 Berlin lecture and its critique of "subjectalism.
"Three hundred and fifty years after the loss of life of René Descartes, the straight forward concerns raised through the founding father of sleek philosophy concerning the nature of the psychological services and actions of human organisms - or the 'mind,' as he considered such features - couldn't be stated to were resolved. questions about the character of recognition are the best instance.
- The Triumph and Tragedy of the Intellectuals: Evil, Enlightenment, and Death
- Egalitarian Moments: From Descartes to Rancière (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- Concealment and Exposure: And Other Essays
- In Praise of Copying
- Heidegger's Being and Time: Critical Essays (Critical Essays on the Classics Series)
- Zizek: A Reader's Guide
Additional resources for A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)