By Sarah Pink
The e-book offers a beginning for brooding about visible ethnography and introduces the sensible and theoretical matters on the subject of the visible and electronic applied sciences utilized in the field.
Drawing upon her unique examine and the studies of alternative ethnographers, Sarah red once more demanding situations our figuring out of the realm and units new agendas for visible ethnography by:
- Helpfully illustrating key suggestions inside genuine global contexts
- Introducing examples from either analogue and electronic media
- Exploring fabric and digital texts
- Setting out the shift in the direction of utilized, participatory and public visible scholarship.
This e-book is a must have for college students and researchers around the social sciences who're attracted to incorporating audiovisual media into their study practice.
Available with Perusall—an e-book that makes it more uncomplicated to organize for class
Perusall is an award-winning publication platform featuring social annotation instruments that permit scholars and teachers to collaboratively mark up and speak about their SAGE textbook. sponsored by means of examine and supported through technological options constructed at Harvard college, this strategy of studying via collaborative annotation retains your scholars engaged and makes educating more uncomplicated and extra effective. Learn more.
Read or Download Doing Visual Ethnography PDF
Similar social sciences research books
There is probably not an idea so vital to sociology, but so vaguely outlined in its modern usages, than establishment. In Revisiting Institutionalism in Sociology, Abrutyn takes an in-depth examine what associations are by means of returning to a few of the insights of classical theorists like Max Weber and Herbert Spencer, the functionalisms of Talcott Parsons and S.
This e-book is meant for introductory classes in SIA inside sociology, social coverage, human geography and political technology at postgraduate point. expert postgraduate classes in coverage- oriented social examine and in social and normal impression assessment.
First-person narratives are a primary device of the qualitative researcher. This quantity presents particular feedback and instructions for getting ready and executing a lifestyles tale interview. Robert Atkinson locations the lifestyles tale interview right into a wider study context earlier than elaborating on making plans after which undertaking the interview.
Hardly ever an American this present day escapes being polled or surveyed or sampled. during this illuminating background, Jean communicate exhibits how survey study got here to be possibly the only most vital improvement in twentieth-century social technology. each person attracted to survey tools and public opinion, together with social scientists in lots of fi elds, will locate this quantity a huge source.
- Qualitative Interviewing: The Art of Hearing Data
- Ich beginne zu glauben, dass es wieder Krieg geben wird (German Edition)
- Community Quality-of-Life Indicators: Best Cases VI: 4
- Managing Transitions: The Chinese Communist Party, United Front Work, Corporatism and Hegemony (East Asia: History, Politics, Sociology, Culture (Routledge))
- Geographies of British Modernity: Space and Society in the Twentieth Century (RGS-IBG Book Series)
Additional info for Doing Visual Ethnography